Welcome Video & Your "to do" List.
First of all, welcome
Welcome to the adventure of learning about your miraculous body! I’m Tammi, your tour-guide, and I’m super excited for our journey together. We’re going to spend quite a bit of time together (At least 24 lecture hours to start with.) and it would be a really good idea to wander through the entire introductory lesson to see if this path is for you.
In this introductory lesson you’ll find:
- This personal welcome video for you schoolers at home.
- A little video about me personally….and an old school rap song I know all the words to.
- A video introduction to the philosophy of this whole course.
- The Foundations Booklet with more helpful hints for the course and studying, including a book reference list.
- Information about the Mighty Network and how to participate in it.
Your checklist to do before the entire course opens up:
- Go through each section in this Introductory Lesson
- Decide on and purchase your textbook if you’ll be using one (I highly recommend getting one).
- Join the Mighty Network and say “hi” if you plan on participating in the class that way (it’s not mandatory).
- Decide how long you will take to complete the course (2, 3 or 6 months??) and write it in the comments section of this section.
- Decide on when you will be participating in class each week. You’ll have a better chance of successfully completing the course if you decide that “class” is every Monday from 9-12:00 AM (you decide the actual times and days). Indicate when your class times will be.
- Are you a person who studies better with a buddy? Really think about that. If so, consider finding one.
- If you’re interested in learning about learning styles, I highly recommend the book, The Open Mind by Donna Markova. Order it and read it. Your learning and relating to yourself and other people will greatly improve. Again, this is OPTIONAL.
This is an amazing course and an amazing opportunity for you to not only get credit hours for school, but to learn in an engaging way about the miracle that is your body, that is you. You won’t be able to “unknow” the intricate workings of the wonder that you are. You will be empowered to make good healthy choices about how you live out your next 70 years or more. You are taking the course many of the adults I’ve taught over the last 30 years have said, “I wish I would’ve known this when I was younger.” You’re getting a head start and who knows where you’ll end up.
I can’t wait to find out.